Up close with nature
THE Green Fest, The star's annual event to mark world Environment Day, returns to the lush greenery of the Forest Research Institute of Malaysia (FRIM) this year.
And like in previous years' events, visitors can get the chance to revel in nature plus learn about ways to conserve the environment.
These are some of the activities lined for the event on June 7 2009.
* Philips Malaysia will offer tips on energy conservation and give you an energy-saving light bulb in exchange for your old one.
* Get to know the conservation work of the Worldwide Fund for Nature and the Malaysian Nature Society. You can support their efforts by signing up as members or giving a donation. WWWF will also be collecting signatures for its turtle conservation campaign.
* Learn about the research work of FRIM scientists on forests as well as wild flora and fauna.
* Kids can sign up for the Kuntum colouring competition, join the T-shirt painting event or have their faces painted.
* Try making music from all kinds of everyday implements, with help from members of the Drum Circle.
* Join the guided walk along one of the many jungle trails found in FRIM, to get a real close look at the many wonders found in the forest.
* For a bird's eye view of the forest, go on the canopy walk. This 20Ore-long suspension bridge brings you up to the tree tops for a superb view of tree canopies and the city skyline.
* Permanis will give away a bottle of Revive to the first 200 people who bring in recyclables.
* Sampling and redemption of Marigold drinks.
* Entertainment will be provided by TV3 and Suria FM.
* The Green gest is sponsored by Bonuslink and Philips Malaysia.